是这个吗?大学要跟申请者面谈,只是加入面谈名单,离录取还很远,而且这孩子自己好像还不愿意,不能算舞弊吧
不是说美国就没有舞弊,而是说舞弊这种事情在任何文化里都不可能在这样的媒体上公开宣扬的
Good morning, Dad. 早安,爸爸。
How's my grandson? 我的孙子怎样啦?
Fine, Grandpa. Fine! 很好,爷爷。很好!
What's all the cheering about? 这么高兴是为什么?
Did the University of Michigan win another football game? 是不是Michigan大学赢得了一场足球赛
Better than that. 比那种事更值得高兴。
Tell him, Philip. 告诉他,Philip。
I just spoke with Charley Rafer. 我刚和Charley Rafer通了电话。
Who's Charley Rafer? 谁是Charley Rafer?
He's the Dean of Admissions for the University of Michigan. 他是Michigan大学招生办主任。
And it turns out he's a classmate of Philip's. 有意思的是,他和Philip是同班同学。
We were both on the tennis team. 我们都是网球队的成员。
Great! 真棒!
It is great. 的确是太好了。
He's going to be in New York tomorrow 明天他要在纽约
to interview applicants for admission. 与申请入学者面谈。
And he's agreed to fit you into his schedule. 他同意明天把你安排进他的名单 。
But I may not want to go to Michigan. 但是我可能不去Michigan。
It's one of the best schools in the country, Robbie. 这是全国最好的大学之一,Robbie。
I studied medicine there. 我在那儿学医学。
Your grandfather went to the Engineering School there. 你爷爷进那儿的工学院。
I know that, but ... 这我知道,但是……
You said you wanted to be a doctor like your father. 你说过你希望像爸爸一样成为一名医生。
Not exactly. 还不一定。
You couldn't pick a finer medical school than Michigan. 你再也找不到一所比Michigan大学更好的医学院了。
Yes, I know that. 是的,我知道。
Let's meet with Charley at the university club. 我们就去大学俱乐部见Charley吧。
Ten o'clock tomorrow morning. 明早十点钟。
It doesn't mean you're going to Michigan. 这并不是说你就要上Michigan大学。
It doesn't mean you have to be a doctor. 也并不意味着你一定要当医生。
But the interview will be good experience for you. 但这次面谈对你来讲是一次很好的经验。
In that case, it's OK. 这么说,我就去。
Dad, growing up means 爸爸,长大了意味
making my own decisions, doesn't it? 我自己能做决定,对吧?
You're right, Robbie. 你说得对,Robbie。
But, like your Grandpa suggested, 但是,照你爷爷所建议的
have the interview. 去参加这次面谈。
And then make your own decision. 然后你自己做决定。
That sounds fine. 这样听起来蛮好的。
I know it's sudden, Robbie, 我知道这件事很突然,Robbie。
but this is an important opportunity. 但这是一次很重要的机会。
【 在 defeatyou 的大作中提到: 】
: 啥叫国外?
: 你在我国,高考招生找同学,那是舞弊
: 国外不是
--
修改:NightElf FROM 114.249.195.*
FROM 114.249.195.*